Skip to main content

How to Lower Risk of Heart Attack

How to lower risk of Heart Attack

Healthy habits and regular doctor appointments can reduce the risk of heart attack.

1) Exercise Everyday without fail

Regular exercise is a boon for the health of your heart. Walk, swim or do weight lifting as per your health conditions.
Exercise is essential to keep your heart pumping.

2) Keep your weight within range

Overweight person is continuously at the risk of getting a heart disease. If you're heavier than prescribed, work towards reducing your weight to avoid any health hazards.

3) Eat Healthy

Healthy eating can boost the condition of your heart.
It is not that you should skip eating to save your heart. Healthy eating is a better option. Whole grains, fish, fresh fruits and vegetables are good for the heart. Canned foods or the food that contains preservatives must be stopped.

4) Avoid alcohol

Quit alcohol if you want your heart to be in good condition. Reduce to a minimum if you can't stop it altogether.

5) No smoking please

Smoking kills- well literally! 
Harmful chemicals released during smoking raise your risk of heart attack. To a great extent.
And if you're not aware, smoking affects the health of the person living near you. That is the secondhand smokers. Who don't smoke themselves but ger harmfully affected by the smokers.

6) Red Meat is a strict no

No red meat for a good heart.
Saturated fats in some of the red meat is responsible for raising cholesterol (LDL) which in turn increases the risk of heart attack.

7) A little dark chocolate would help

This is some good news.
Eating small amount of dark chocolate reduces the risk of heart disease. It's been proved through research.

8)Take your heart medicine regularly

If suffering from heart ailment, you should your doctor's advice and take your heart medicine regularly. Take doctor's appointment in case of any change in symptoms.

9) Don't ignore symptoms

Shortness of breath, extreme tiredness,  palpitations, pain in jaw or back, vomiting etc are some of the symptoms you should not ignore. They can be linked to a heart problem. Visit your doctor and get yourself tested.

10) Pay visit to your doctor

Only a registered practitioner can assess how bad or good your heart condition is.
Visit doctor, get your heart tested and take the prescribed medicine as told by your good doctor. 


Also Read: We Only Live Once Let's Do It Right

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtual Addiction

It is true, I may confess; With the ever-happening world of NET, I am obsessed. How many friends, How many likes; What have you in your kitty, For others' surprise:-o Check the comments, Count the shares; UPDATE your status, Else the virtual world will ignore!!!

Yes, I am a Girl!

Yes, I am a Girl! I don't like fine clothes to refine myself. They give me beautiful looks- And take away my freedom to move. Give me coarse cloth so let me fly. I don't like fine clothes- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like bangles to adorn my arms. They remind me of restrictions- Without any question, all girls should imply. Give me tools to build new wonders. I don't like bangles- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like jewellery to define myself. They illuminate me for what reason- But I have the right to claim I am not a thing on display.  Give me education so my identity I can portray. I don't like jewellery- Yes, I am a girl!

Making Headlines

"What is so special about this story?" the editor screamed.        My heart began to sink.From where could I bring new stories everyday especially when "Politics" and "Crime" were not included in my job.    "Sir, a snake measuring six-feet appeared and drank the milk offered to him.Isn't it a breaking news?"    "What the hell is going on?A news on a snake ....... RUBBISH@%%@@.You should be FIRED."      "Sir,the snake emerged from the back of Lord SHIVA's idol."   "So what?"    "Sir,the temple where the idol is placed is an ancient temple.Our news shall read: LORD SHIVA's SNAKE DRINKS MILK IN THE ANCIENT TEMPLE"      The editor seemed to be impressed,"LET IT BE THE FRONT PAGE NEWS"