Skip to main content

Mosquito Horror


Mid of June. Exhausted from the long, cumbersome day's work, I was ready to embrace my beloved sleep. Everything seemed to be fine, until my AC suddenly came to a hault. This is the favourite time of electricity department to save electricity. Moving at the snail's speed, the fan offered no respite from heat.
Tossing and turning on my heat-radiating bed, I was trying hard to sleep.
-
-
-
Buzz..........zzz.
The temperature of the room was just apt for the insects to come out of their hiding places. Trying to ignore all the buzzing warnings, I shut my eyes to sleep.
Ouch!  A pinch, or was that a bite ; I couldn't make out.  The war had begun. Mosquitoes had invited their relatives for the lavish dinner party.
..
..I checked the mosquito-repellent, covered my head with a white sheet and heaved a sigh of relief.

   'twas my bad luck or their good luck, some of the mosquitoes, somehow, managed to enter my well-protected castle. I decided to sue all mosquito-repellent companies for their false claims.

A search for mosquito-net began. I hadn't used the bulky mosquito-net for years. I found one in a crushed state in my cupboard. Adding to my dismay, it bore some  small holes.......
I was kept awake for most of the night by those creatures. 
After observing the mosquitoes closely, I concluded that the mosquito is a very intelligent animal.

I can ,now, write a thesis on the intelligence of these species.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I am a Girl!

Yes, I am a Girl! I don't like fine clothes to refine myself. They give me beautiful looks- And take away my freedom to move. Give me coarse cloth so let me fly. I don't like fine clothes- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like bangles to adorn my arms. They remind me of restrictions- Without any question, all girls should imply. Give me tools to build new wonders. I don't like bangles- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like jewellery to define myself. They illuminate me for what reason- But I have the right to claim I am not a thing on display.  Give me education so my identity I can portray. I don't like jewellery- Yes, I am a girl!

Virtual Addiction

It is true, I may confess; With the ever-happening world of NET, I am obsessed. How many friends, How many likes; What have you in your kitty, For others' surprise:-o Check the comments, Count the shares; UPDATE your status, Else the virtual world will ignore!!!

Maid on Holiday

"Madam, my mother won't come to work today. She's gone to village." Shocked; I tried to find the truth behind his blank face. " She could send her elder daughter." these were the only words that came out of my chocked throat. " She accompanied mother." Prompt came the well-expected reply. - - - I looked around the house. Loads of unfinished work mocked at me. It meant I'd have to sacrifice my beautiful day on washing and cleaning! " What about my well-filed, well-painted nails?" " " " " "What if I fail to reach the KITTY-PARTY in time??" " " " " "What if I couldn't get ready properly?" " " " " " What if other kitty-members notice flaws in my quickly applied make-up?" " " " What if?" "What if?" - - - TRIN-TRIN "Hello, Mrs Sharma! You know Mrs Khanna's brother-in-law's sister