Skip to main content

Maid on Holiday

"Madam, my mother won't come to work today. She's gone to village."
Shocked; I tried to find the truth behind his blank face.
" She could send her elder daughter." these were the only words that came out of my chocked throat.
" She accompanied mother." Prompt came the well-expected reply.
-
-
-
I looked around the house. Loads of unfinished work mocked at me.
It meant I'd have to sacrifice my beautiful day on washing and cleaning!
" What about my well-filed, well-painted nails?"
" "
" "
"What if I fail to reach the KITTY-PARTY in time??"
" "
" "
"What if I couldn't get ready properly?"
" "
" "
" What if other kitty-members notice flaws in my quickly applied make-up?"
" "
" What if?"
"What if?"
-
-
-
TRIN-TRIN
"Hello, Mrs Sharma! You know Mrs Khanna's brother-in-law's sister-in-law's mom-in-law is expired. So the KITTY-PARTY has been postponed to the next week."
!
!
!
Tying my saree-pallu around my waist, I picked up the broom to face the challenge posed to me......with courage!


Read 'Spice Up Your Taste Buds With All-New Chili Burgers from McDonald's India (North and East)'

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I am a Girl!

Yes, I am a Girl! I don't like fine clothes to refine myself. They give me beautiful looks- And take away my freedom to move. Give me coarse cloth so let me fly. I don't like fine clothes- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like bangles to adorn my arms. They remind me of restrictions- Without any question, all girls should imply. Give me tools to build new wonders. I don't like bangles- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like jewellery to define myself. They illuminate me for what reason- But I have the right to claim I am not a thing on display.  Give me education so my identity I can portray. I don't like jewellery- Yes, I am a girl!

Virtual Addiction

It is true, I may confess; With the ever-happening world of NET, I am obsessed. How many friends, How many likes; What have you in your kitty, For others' surprise:-o Check the comments, Count the shares; UPDATE your status, Else the virtual world will ignore!!!