Skip to main content

Making Headlines

"What is so special about this story?" the editor screamed.
       My heart began to sink.From where could I bring new stories everyday especially when "Politics" and "Crime" were not included in my job.
   "Sir, a snake measuring six-feet appeared and drank the milk offered to him.Isn't it a breaking news?"
   "What the hell is going on?A news on a snake.......
RUBBISH@%%@@.You should be FIRED."
     "Sir,the snake emerged from the back of Lord SHIVA's idol."
  "So what?"
   "Sir,the temple where the idol is placed is an ancient temple.Our news shall read: LORD SHIVA's SNAKE DRINKS MILK IN THE ANCIENT TEMPLE"
     The editor seemed to be impressed,"LET IT BE THE FRONT PAGE NEWS"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I am a Girl!

Yes, I am a Girl! I don't like fine clothes to refine myself. They give me beautiful looks- And take away my freedom to move. Give me coarse cloth so let me fly. I don't like fine clothes- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like bangles to adorn my arms. They remind me of restrictions- Without any question, all girls should imply. Give me tools to build new wonders. I don't like bangles- Yes, I am a girl! I don't like jewellery to define myself. They illuminate me for what reason- But I have the right to claim I am not a thing on display.  Give me education so my identity I can portray. I don't like jewellery- Yes, I am a girl!

Mosquito Horror

Mid of June. Exhausted from the long, cumbersome day's work, I was ready to embrace my beloved sleep. Everything seemed to be fine, until my AC suddenly came to a hault. This is the favourite time of electricity department to save electricity. Moving at the snail's speed, the fan offered no respite from heat. Tossing and turning on my heat-radiating bed, I was trying hard to sleep. - - - Buzz..........zzz. The temperature of the room was just apt for the insects to come out of their hiding places. Trying to ignore all the buzzing warnings, I shut my eyes to sleep. Ouch!  A pinch, or was that a bite ; I couldn't make out.  The war had begun. Mosquitoes had invited their relatives for the lavish dinner party. .. ..I checked the mosquito-repellent, covered my head with a white sheet and heaved a sigh of relief.    'twas my bad luck or their good luck, some of the mosquitoes, somehow, managed to enter my well-protected castle. I decided to sue all mosquito-repell